Friday, December 5, 2008

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I used to love to spend time wrapping beautiful gifts and making fancy bows, but haven't had time for YEARS! Bags are easier.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I have lived through both eras. I loved my mom's real trees and have great memories of the family going to cut down the tree. But I hated to see my tree get so dried out so quickly. I love my beautiful artificial tree and when the candle is burning it still feels like Christmas, and I can enjoy it for so much longer after Christmas. I just might leave it up until Valentines Day. (If I even get it up before Christmas!)

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving. We finally got the small one in the living room up Wednesday. Hope to do the big one this weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Year's Day, but see answer to #2 above.

5. Do you like eggnog? NO! but my wonderful husband does!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Has to be the year we got a piano for Christmas. I remember the piano in the corner with a card from Joan Snow saying that Santa had arranged for piano lessons for Ruanne and I. I am still enjoying that gift.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone! I'm just not good at picking out gifts.

8. Easiest person to buy for? No one! I just can't seem to make it personal.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Where is mine? We have the little white ceramic one under the table top tree. Looks pretty good. After reading about all my children's nativity scenes, I might put that on my list to GIVE for next year!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Do I have time?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one. But to clarify others that have been mentioned!!! I will not be mean to Kenny. He did the best he could....but when Tammy got that speller game (or whatever) it was kind of sad. She was about 16 or 17 and they had her name. A little game with flip up letters.....

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....could it be "The Night They Saved Christmas"? I will see it again in a few weeks.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Am I supposed to shop? I will probably start when it is too late.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love the raisin-fill cookies so I will ahve to visit Linda.... and my cheese ball, Ruanne's Oreo cookies, Julie's candy.....turkey and potato salad

16. Lights on the tree? Yes. White. But I also like all colored ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Of course President Sharp singing The Innkeeper's Song. And I wish I could find my CD of the Celtic Women Sing Christmas Songs.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I didn't like to travel on Christmas, but I will to see my grandchildren!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Does Santa have reindeer?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Why does that angel have a smile on her face?

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Any time but I need new pajamas...I wonder if anyone will buy me some? No, wait, I will pick out my own, thank you.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Students who don't do their work. Students who take the "fun" out of Christmas for others because they think they know someone that no one else knows and they want to tell everyone.

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? My mom had a white flocked tree with gree decorations. I love our peach and blue tree, but I am also partial to the red and gold one upstairs. But no tree is complete without my icicles!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Food

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want to be able to sing the Christmas songs. It seems like I am always hoarse for Christmas and can't sing anything. I also want everyone else to have a great Christmas.
And I want phone calls and phone calls and phone calls!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I know where your Celtic Woman CD is. It is in my car! You may want to check at Walmart

Annie said...

That was a precious picture of the baby and Santa. Thanks for sharing with me and God Bless your family at this time.

nancy said...

WHAT BABY AND SANTA!!

How about a few presents opened on a web camera? that might work!

Nicky said...

mom, come on.. kenny gave tammy a speller and she was in high school! and I have the old nativity scene, actually it is in the storage unit. You and dad told me I could have it when I lived in Orem.. but my roommates made fun of it and put it in the corner because it was "old" so I packed it up and took it to Tammy's and it made it's way down to the storage unit. If funny how we all have a lot of the same memories.. The food, the tree, the movie.. You and dad made christmas good for us.