Monday, June 9, 2008

Public Apology

I need to make a public aplogy about my last post about not being able to visit with Nancy's family while they were here in Utah. In my attempt at trying to make myself feel better about missing them, I apparently made it look like it was their fault. I am sorry about that, and ask for forgiveness. I did not mean it to sound that way.
The truth is, although I am technically on "vacation" from school, Garth still has to work. And because he needs to take time off for his surgery/recovery, he needs to get as much work in as possible. He needs to work at his "second job" and cover for the men who are on vacation now because they will be working while he is off. It isn't an excuse for not driving up to visit, just a fact that kept us from coming.
The other fact was my health. I needed to take lasix pills to help drain away the fluid that was building in my lungs. I have been coughing alot and know when I need my medications. When I take these pills I need to spend the next two hours very close to the bathroom. Therefore, I am not able to travel. I have learned to live with the fact that I need to watch my own health at the expense of missing some of the things I wish to do. I don't like it, but I have to miss things for health reasons. I am truly sorry, but can't change it.
I never meant to imply that we stayed here in town simply to go to a wedding reception. We went to the reception because we were still in town. Garth didn't get off work until after 6:00 pm, so traveling the three hours to visit wasn't logical. So we went to the reception instead. It was Friday morning when I realized the reception was that day and not on Saturday. In fact, the father of the bride was in our home visiting on Thursday night and I didn't recall about the wedding the next day. If I had, I would have commented on it. As it was, I read the invitation and realized it was on Friday, Garth and I talked that since we couldn't go to the city because of work, we would go to the reception. We would have happily missed it if work schedule had allowed us to be gone. This isn't given as an excuse or reason to stay, just an explanation as to why we went to the reception.
Yes, we are looking forward to the day when Tyler can come and spend some time at Grandpa and Grandma Labrum's house. I am sure any grandparent can understand this desire. And we feel badly that we weren't able to meet up this past week. It was just a bad week for us. Hopefully the next time will be better. We will be glad to meet anyone half way and bring you here if it fits into everyone's schedule. Or come up for a day if possible.
Again, I apologize for making it sound like no one tried to accommadate us. That wasn't intended. I was simply trying to erase my own guilt for not being able to visit.
All of that said,....Dallas, the lamb really was good. I thought of sending you some, but I don't know how to send food through the mail. Sorry. But we ate your share along with ours! (In other words, we ate more than we should.)

1 comment:

nancy said...

Thank you for the apology. We were NOT upset that you didn't come up. We totally understand. You can't make everyone happy 100 percent of the time. We wish that you could have spent some time with Tyler. We did take some wonderful pictures just let me know what you want and we will send them. We didn't purposely NOT see you. We had not mode of transportation and lack of time was a big factor.