Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sleigh Riding

While I was writing my last post and looking through the pictures on Dad's flickr account (Thanks Chelsie!) I thought I ought to post more memories using those pictures. And maybe we all need to do the same on Grandpa's page. So here goes:



I think I remember this exact day and place. Maybe it was the only time we went sleigh riding together, but I remember a day up at Joe's Valley, on the far side past the Marina. We went up in the white station wagon and Dad pulled us around on the snow. We also would run as we pushed the sled along the road, then jump on it and see how far down the road we traveled. I am sure we had hot chocolate and cookies because that was a staple for us if we went anywhere in the winter.

Those rubber boats on our feet didn't keep out the cold at all. It looks like mine are the clear, see-through boots we wore for so many years. There was always snow filling up the shoes. I remember that coat was very itchy all the time. Must have been wool. I wonder if Mom made our hats? Julie sure does look like Mitchell in this picture! Just a fun picture with memories of winter fun together.

No comments: