Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Lord's Help

This simple event might not mean anything to others, and you might think I am crazy about thinking someone was watching over me, but I need to recognize all the little things and little ways the Lord might be helping me. I am trying to be more watchful and aware of His help in my life, so I choose to look at this as one of his tender mercies toward me.

My school district had a training meeting for our new math program set for April 15 and April 16. For months we have scheduled around this date so we were sure to be there at this mandatory training. The third grade teachers were scheduled for the Wednesday sessions. When it came time for scheduling one of our field trips, I scheduled around this date and made our plans for the 29th. During the Tuesday session of training it became necessary for the Wednesday training to be cancelled and rescheduled to a later date. Guess what date? You are right! My field trip day! So now my students trip was replaced by a "mandatory" 3 hour training session. I was furious. Not that the trainer had to leave on an emergency, but that I was expected to just change everything.

It isn't as simple as just a phone call. You have to check with the hospital (where we learn about taking care of our bodies), and Smith's store (where we learn about eating healthy foods), the park (for lunch) and the bowling alley (for exercise). Not to mention the bus garage who fights you for every bus request this time of year. But, hey, the Health District is paying for the bus so give us one! Trying to reschedule all of these places so we can go in one trip was just more than I could stand to think of.

So, how does the Lord fit in to this situations? My district supervisor called to say he had told our school nurse that she would have to reschedule us, so she called the store and found out she had given them the right day, and we were scheduled to be there on a Monday, not Tuesday. Then she called the hospital and everything was fine for us to change to Monday. The bus garage were already told that they had to accommodate us because of the emergency change, so that was fine. Now, just the bowling alley. Our sweet school secretary called and they were able to have us on Monday as well. Now all I have to do is get the message out to the parents so they can still come a chaperones. I know it would never have worked out if the Lord wasn't aware of how frustrated I was about rescheduling all of these things.

No comments: