Friday, April 4, 2008

Update

My asthma symptoms came back just 4 weeks off the medrol. My artificial knee was really hurting and making it difficult to walk without a limp. I couldn't walk down the hallway without getting winded, let alone up to the office. Walking my class to the gym was torture! My ears were plugged up and my cough started again. So now???
I went with Garth to get a shot in his foot to calm down the pain between his toes, and while there I gave Lowell (the greatest PA in the world) a pamphlet about the CSS. He was really interested and went out to the desk and sent in a prescription for another medrol pac and said to get an appointment with the doctors at the University. I didn't tell him my own doctor, Dr. Labrum had already prescribed that same treatment. I am lucky to have two great doctors watching over me. Now I just need to call up there and find an appointment between all my other running around.

I also had an appointment the Dr. Peterson, the ENT (graduate from KCOM). During a 3-hour appointment I had several tests, including a hearing test. My right ear is at 20% loss, but coming back they say. There is no fluid behind the eardrum, just lots of negative pressure, which results in the loss of hearing. We decided to try the steroid spray for 6 weeks, then go back in and see how it is working. If all the hearing isn't better, or if it returns again, we will go for the permanent adult tubes, which can be done right there in the office.
I can feel a difference today, not quite so deaf. Could it be the spray and medrol working together? I hope it all clears up. I have too much to do in the next month and a half.

We travel to SLC on Monday night to be up there with Nicky for her procedure on Tuesday. We go to Logan in a few weeks to watch the kids while Barrett and Chantel go house hunting in Missouri. On April 29 my class has a field trip to Price. It is so fun to see the kids bowling for their first time! Then back to Dr. Peterson the day we leave to go to the airport for our trip to Missouri. I can't wait to see Barrett actually graduating! I feel honored to have seen his high school, university, and medical school graduations. Then after that we have the usual end of school activities. All this, not to mention all the birthdays and school trainings going on. I just don't have time to be sick!

Hope everyone else is feeling better!

1 comment:

Nicky said...

mommy, my ear hurts! :) Why is that all of a sudden we have ear problems? I can tell this with the ear problems that it is really messing with the equalibrium. I am glad you are getting better. I know Kayden is getting better.. NOW, let's get ME getting better!! Thank you so much for coming up to be with me on Tuesday. I will need my mom and dad, I know I will.. Not sure how I will feel after. I know I will feel "cleaned out" :)

Love you guys!