Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Prayers for Tyler


Our sweet little Tyler had surgery last night. Apparently his shunt was not working properly and needed to be replaced. Nancy details it at her blog. She called about 9:30 last night telling us he would be going into surgery. We understood that it would be a few hours until the surgery, but she called again at 11:30 and said it was all over and he was going better. It was hard to not jump in the car and drive to Arizona, but knew we wouldn't really be any help by the time we got there. I am so glad we have planned on coming down next week and have our tickets ready. Please keep Tyler in your prayers. He is such a strong spirit to go through everything he has gone through these short three years. He is a fighter. We are so blessed to have him in our family, to teach us understanding, patience, and unconditional love.

4 comments:

nancy said...

Thank you. I just want my sweet boy back. Last night when any nurse or anyone would touch him he would hold his hand up and tell them no no no. I broke our heart. We did get some sleep but here I am up at six getting a little bit of house work done. I will give you up dates when I have them

Nicky said...

I would jump on a plane if I could. It is hard because this is the first surgery that Aunt Nicky is not there for. I cried and cried last night so I didn't get much sleep last night. I am going to say a special prayer for Tyler. Have you thought about putting his name in the temple?

mom o said...

It was hard enough to watch our children go through hard times as they were growing up but it is harder as a grandparent to watch our children and more importantly our grandchildren suffer. Of course he will be in my prayers. It is the least I can do as a friend. Others are doing the same for me.

Chantel said...

Poor kid! We wish him a speedy recovery. We will keep him in our prayers.