Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise

As I was working in my classroom yesterday, I looked up to see a student coming in the doorway a just before recess. I also noticed this cute curly haired little girl standing beside her. My immediate thought was "There is Daphne" then, "I guess the Oldroyd's are babysitting a little girl that looks like Daphnie." But low-and-behold, it WAS Daphne. She came to visit Aunt Lori at school. It was so fun to see her, and her mother, too. We had a nice visit with an out-of-control classroom. For the record, we got a new girl enrolled in our class, so the day turned into a "show-off" day, with everyone trying to impress the new student.
I enjoyed watching Daphne walking up and down the stairs, looking at all the fun things a school has to offer, and visiting with Chelsie. Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the visit too! Daphne would have loved to stay at school all day to play with the students and teachers, and school stuff. We'll have to stop by again the next time we're home.