Monday, July 7, 2008

Mr. Clean

I have found a new obsession. Where was he when my children were young? For many months I have put off and put off cleaning my kitchen, doorways, hall, bathroom, doors, etc. It just brought back all those memories of working so hard cleaning and scrubbing. Sometimes it was simply better to just paint over the fingerprints. But there was no way we would get painting done this year, so I needed to clean. Then I remembered the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Thinking, "If it works on crayon, marker, and a host of other things, why not fingerprints?" Although my walls had more than "just" fingerprints, I gave it a try. Why did I wait so long? It is as simple as wetting the sponge and wiping the walls. Granted, there were a few spots that I had to go over another time, but not many. I couldn't be happier with the result. Although I do worry about wiping away fingerprints. I think it is the grandmother in me because those fingerprints are so special. But then again, there is a difference between a cute fingerprint and a bunch of dirty, grundgy fingerprints. At least my kitchen is getting clean. Now, what about that stove? There is no hope except for a new one. But, hey, this one is an antique, all of 26 years old. In fact, I have never purchased a stove of my choice, in 30 years of marriage. Where do I begin?

No comments: