Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not What Was Expected

My daughter has written a wonderful post about how your life can change in an instant. We have witnessed this so many times in the lives of our family and friends. And last week there was another instant that causes us to do something today that we did not expect to have to be do. Last week my cousin passed away very unexpectedly. Who ever thinks when we go to bed one night we might not be here the next morning? I visited with her just a few weeks ago and had a very pleasant visit. She giggled and laughed and joked. I can remember her sweet smile and her always laughing as she talked. She was up on what all my children were doing and asked about everyone. Although we didn't met up very often, when we did it was always a joy to talk with her. On Sunday I spent the day doing some restful genealogy, and it was very hard to click on my uncle's family sheet and type in her death date. It makes it all seem so final. I was thinking how people think bad things some in threes and thought of our extended family losing Uncle Var and Leslie and wondering what would be happening next. Then I remembered we also lost Connie, a cousin's wife. Hopefully that will be the end of our losses for a while. Three Wares buried in our little community's cemetery in 8 months.
For the rest of us, life goes on. Do we really appreciate it? Do we live each day to the fullest? What does that really mean? I just continue to wake up each morning and go through the motions for that day. I try to read my scriptures, say my prayers, do my handwork, accomplish what tasks I have on schedule. But I also need to show my family how much I care for them by and really savor the day.
I do love my family and think of you all constantly throughout my day. I see your trials and how you are growing. I love you all so much.
Let's all make this a great day, each and every day.

No comments: